0191 231 3020
This delightful, spacious cottage is well-appointed, furnished and decorated to a high standard; with an open fire and central heating ensuring your stay is warm and cosy all year round. Orchard Cottage offers guests free Wi-Fi and has a spacious garden. Great for a family of up to six people or equally the perfect retreat for a couple. The cottages provide a comfortable and convenient base for those wishing to tour the North Northumberland region.
Ground floor accommodation
* South facing sitting room with stunning views over farmland to the hills beyond. Welcoming open fireplace with TV, DVD, CD player and digital radio. Lovely comfy sofa and chairs. There is a selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs to suit all tastes and ages.
* Kitchen/Dining area – modern well-equipped fitted kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave, electric double oven, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, blender. Walk in pantry.
* South facing double bedrooms with lovely views over the fields. The bed is facing the window, so wake up in the morning with your cup of tea to beautiful views and perfect peace and quiet.
* Twin bedrooms with views over large lawned garden offering total peace and privacy.
* Single bedroom.
* All non-south facing rooms are double glazed, warm and cosy.
* Bathrooms - bath, WC and washbasin. Electric shower over bath. Both bathrooms benefit from the early evening sun; relax in a leisurely bath whilst enjoying the last sun of the day.
* Oil fired central heating and hot water; In low season there may be a surcharge for Oil and electricity depending upon quantities used, this will be charged at cost on departure.
* Cot (bring own linen please) and high chair available on request
* Please bring own towels.
* Ample on-site parking
* Storage on farm for cycles, canoes, climbing equipment etc.
* Well behaved pets by arrangement
* Private water supply.
Hetton North Farm
The traditional 400 acre Northumbrian livestock farm is a haven for bird and wildlife; barn owls, hares, rabbits, deer, pheasants and mallard ducks are all commonly seen on the farm as well as many other species. The occasional red squirrel has been seen. It offers wonderful opportunities for the more serious bird watcher as well. Livestock on the farm comprises of suckler cows and calves and sheep and a few very tame hens as well as some arable farming. There are always different farming activities taking place throughout the year. The Coal burn runs through the farm flanked by woods and fields, offering many inviting places to walk, have a picnic or bird watch. There is ample parking for cars and storage is available for cycles, canoes, climbing equipment etc.on farm. Guests may even bring their own horse by arrangement.
Hetton North Farm has a charm all of its own that few can rival, and many of our guests return year after year to share in its magic.
Some comments from our visitors book....
* Lovely comfortable cottage which has been a great base for exploring. Mandys advice on places to visit was very helpful. We loved the beaches, Holy Island and even Alnwick in the rain! The boys have loved staying on a farm and meeting all the animals but the higlight was definitely the ride on the quad bike. Thank you for your very warm welcome.
* From a 10 year old
...I would love to come again, friendly animals - I saw two sheep in our garden! and we fed three chickens, the sheep woke me up one morning. We got to go on a ride in the farmers pickup and saw all the cows and calves, we also got to see the biggest bull in the world!! We got a ride on a tractor!! It was fantastic. I also loved the Farne islands, Lindisfarne, Edinburgh and Cragside House!! I think my family had a good time too!
* Many thanks for such an excellent place in a wonderful setting. We enjoyed every day of it.
* Thank you for a wonderful stay, beautiful cottage, friendly people, lovely area - we'll definitely be back. Thank you for the eggs.
* Dear Mandy and Jerry - thanks again for the most wonderful time - 17 years in a row, we sure will come back
* Warm welcome, comfortable cottage. Marvallous base for exploring the area. Many thanks.
* Had a really lovely time in a very cosy cottage. Ideal for coast and hills - hope to return.
* A very cosy cottage and great base for exploring the delights of Northumberland. Boys enjoyed the farm tour, feeding the chickens and lambs. Thanks for the eggs and to Mandy and Jerry for friendly welcome. Hope to be back again soon.
* Great week, be back next year for more
* Really enjoyed staying here, saw Alnwick Castle and loved swimming at Beadnell beach. Cottage is very homely and cosy. Look forward to next time.
* Lovely cottage, spacious but cosy, a great base to sight see from. We did so much in only a week - will have to stay longer next time.
* Fantastic, idyllic location. Look forward to returning soon.
* Great cottage in a perfect spot. We loved seeing the calves being fed. Meals at the Black Bull at Lowick, riding at Beachcomber stables, golf at Goswick and the Hirsel, the walks, the beaches and the fresh air.
* This is a very special place and we will be back soon. Mandy has been the perfect hostess.
* Lovely cottage and well equipped. Great to come and relax.Great seeing the animals every morning. Thank you for a great week.
* Thank you for sharing your farm with us, you are very lucky to live and work in such a beautiful place.
* A lovely base from which to explore this part of the country, we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
* A great holiday in a great cottage, so relaxing. First time I have herded sheep and probably the last. Thank you.
* The silence is the thing. Little traffic, birds, cows, sheep. Good heating in a lovely cottage. Mandy and Grace, her mum, could not have been better friends. A lovely weeks holiday, thanks.
* Thank you Mandy for a lovely week - so friendly and cosy. We've had a lovely time.
* Really lovely cottage with everything you could possibly need. Thank you very much.
A few of the places to see and things to do:
* The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, castle and priory
* Wooler and the Cheviot hills either by foot or car
* Many glorious sandy beachese.g. Cheswick, Cocklawburn
* Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Elizabethan walls
* Seven remarkable castles within 20 miles
* Boat trips to the Farne Islands and the Grace Darling museum
* Bamburgh beach and Castle
* Beautiful coastline - Craster, Beadnell and Newton by the sea
* Dunstanburgh Castle – the walk along the cliff tops
* Alnwick Castle and Garden and the Harry Potter experience
* Chillingham Castle, Church and Wild Cattle
* Ford and Etal, including Heatherslaw mill and light railway
* Rothbury and Cragside House
* Flodden Field battle site
* Border towns and abbeys of Jedburgh and Kelso and Floors
£450.00per unit per week
Min: £295.00 - Max: £595.00
Save 10% off a 7 night stay and get an extra night free!
8 nights now only £475
Car parking available
Garden for guest use